- 2 Street Sweeps: April 21
- Urban Strretscape Tree Planting Program
- Free Compost at Madil Church Yard (April 21)
- Roadside Clean-up (April 30)
- Neighbourhood Clean-up
- Free Garage Sale (May 7)
- Native Plant Sale: pre-order before May 9, pick-up in Huntsville, Bracebridge, or Bala on May 14.
- Biodiversity Day: A fun day for the family on May 22 at Brooklands Farm near Milford Bay
- Muskoka Envirocredits: emissions offset program plants trees in Muskoka
- 3rd Annual Amazing Race: Come out August 13th as a volunteer or participant for fun and to support the Muskoka Trails Council
- Participate in the Muskoka Stewardship Program to live more sustainably on your land.
One of the best things you can do to celebrate Earth Day is to "Give it up for Earth Day. That means helping to create a healthier world by making some changes in your daily routine. Some examples are:
- Eating less (or no) meat in your diet. If you are really ready for change, you could try veganism.
- Reduce the amount of "things" you buy- especially when lots of plastic packaging is involved.
- Turn off the TV and get outside!
- Cut out toxic chemicals from your home (watch for an upcoming blog post about this)
- Challenge your friends and family to follow in your Earth Day footsteps
Have you decided to "Give it Up for Earth Day"?
There are prizes, materials, answers to your questions, and a community of like-minded people at Earth Day Canada's "Give it Up for Earth Day" Challenge.