Frogs, toads, snakes, and turtles emerge! Photo Rebecca Francis
Scour your backyard, nearby lakes, swamps, woodlands, and neighbourhoods for the unique found-only-in Muskoka shot of the local environment as it comes to life after a long, sleepy winter.
What we're looking for are photographs that exemplify the signs of spring in Muskoka. What comes to mind when you think of spring? What feelings do you experience when "spring is in the air"?
Critters like chipmunks come out and robins and red-winged blackbirds return. Swollen buds take over the tips of branches and clothes can be hung on the line. For each person spring shows up in different, subtle ways. Photograph submissions should reflect your personal experience of the transition from winter to spring- and our enjoyment of that special time. The snow melts and we can once again see the forest floor. Ground covers sprout up and woodland pools foster lots of life. Photo: Rebecca Francis
1st Prize! An in-flight aerial photography lesson with professional photographer Paul Bennett. Visit http://www.paulbennettphotography.com/.
2nd Prize! A one-year subscription to the Wednesday edition of your choice, The Gravenhurst Banner, The Huntsville Forester or The Bracebridge Examiner.
3rd Prize! A one-year membership with the Muskoka Heritage Foundation and a copy of the MHF DVD entitled Life on the Edge: Stories of Muskoka’s Past.
Ducks and other birds return from their winter away. photo: Greg Francis
- Open to amateur photographers
- Contest starts same day as Earth Hour— March 26
- Entries must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. April 8
- Email entry to email@example.com
- Photos must be at least 300 dpi and 8 inches wide
- To be eligible, submissions must include the name of the photographer and a brief description of the photo, including where it was shot in Muskoka
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize photos will be published in the April 20th, edition of Metroland’s local Wednesday papers (The Gravenhurst Banner, The Huntsville Forester, The Bracebridge Examiner) - 2 days before Earth Day!
- Winning photos will be published on the Muskoka Heritage Foundation website
- Metroland Media Inc. and the Muskoka Heritage Foundation reserve the right to reproduce submissions
Get outside, take your shots, and enter soon!!